What makes a modular home in New Jersey more energy efficient?
A lot energy measures must be completed in the field and verified by 3rd party inspection to qualify the house for an Energy Star® label and the ensuing marketing advantages.
Modular builders are advised to be sure their contractors are properly trained to complete field installation and verification responsibilities.
- Modular sections must be sealed to the foundation using foam gaskets and/or sealant.
- Modular sections must be sealed to each other. It is preferred that factory installed gaskets and foam sealant are used.
- Foundation insulation (either slab perimeter, crawl or basement walls
- Heating plant required AFUE furnace or boiler, or HSPF heat pump)
- Air conditioning (required SEER)
- Water heater (required Energy Factor)
- Duct sealing and insulation where outside conditioned space (required
R-value or tightness).
Find more information about modular homes and a New Jersey Systems Built contractor.